Toseland - In or Out?

Give us your views on the world of Moto GP
rodsquad
Direct Access
Current Ride: Kawasaki Z1000

Toseland - In or Out?

Post by rodsquad »

What you think of Toseland this season?

Does he deserve another season in Moto GP?

For my tupence - I would like to see him given another chance. There are plenty of riders who have had plently more than 2 seasons in Moto GP and have never progressed from the mid-pack with no chance of winning the championship. There is no denying he is driven and is desperate to stay in Moto GP so i would give him another season. It's not like he's shat...

As far as i know the riders linked to his seat are:

Mika Kallio
Ben Spies
Randy De Puniet
Tony Elias
Chris Vermeulen

Any of them deserve his seat more?
The Rossi Kid
Make way for Noddy

Re: Toseland - In or Out?

Post by The Rossi Kid »

WSB for him, he could go back and compete for the championship. He'll never win anything in MotoGP. Unless he gets a factory Ducati and has the Stoner gene that can make it work i'd love to see him on a Sterilgarda Ducati.
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Have to agree. Ok he is mid pack but he never gets further than that. A lot of the guys have at some point been up front be it duirng qualifying or during the race but I cannot remember Toesland doing this. He will only stay if he brings a lot of money with him. You then have all the 250 riders coming through which will be better than him. As a lot of Brits that have tried Motogp he is good, just not good enough.
rodsquad
Direct Access

Post by rodsquad »

Just read on MCN that Jorge Lorenzo has been offered £13m to ride for Ducati!

That figure might just tempt him and jumble the available seats yet again.
The Rossi Kid
Make way for Noddy

Post by The Rossi Kid »

Hayden to Yamaha or a Satelite Honda team.......hhmmm. :confused Gresini is full, what about LCR?
I still rate Hayden, reckon he's got some wins in him yet, but nae on the duke.
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

Toseland - Out.

In 2 seasons, a few 6th places. Yamaha best bike out there, with team mate beating him constantly.

Ben Spies will replace him, with Toseland replacing Carlos Checa at Ten Kate.

Lorenzo wont go to Ducati. £13m, but a bike proven to be unrideable to anyone except Stoner, and even then its not upto the Yamaha.
Haydon could well be out, as he was lucky to win championship in 2006. His only hope is he has big money sponsors behind him and he goes to Tech 3. He only wins Septic races.
Vermulen may go there also. But Yamaha will probably take a 250 front runner to Tech 3 as its a satelite team, with a view to promotion to the main team when Rossi retires in 2 years.

Honda are set. Pedrosa and Dovi.
Yamaha will be set. Rossi and Lorenzo.
Suzuki pretty much set. Caparossi and Bautista.
Gresini set. Melandri and Simoncheli.
Ducati - Stoner and Kalio if he does a decent job.
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Coddy wrote:Toseland - Out.

In 2 seasons, a few 6th places. Yamaha best bike out there, with team mate beating him constantly.

Ben Spies will replace him, with Toseland replacing Carlos Checa at Ten Kate.

Lorenzo wont go to Ducati. £13m, but a bike proven to be unrideable to anyone except Stoner, and even then its not upto the Yamaha.
Haydon could well be out, as he was lucky to win championship in 2006. His only hope is he has big money sponsors behind him and he goes to Tech 3. He only wins Septic races.
Vermulen may go there also. But Yamaha will probably take a 250 front runner to Tech 3 as its a satelite team, with a view to promotion to the main team when Rossi retires in 2 years.

<FONT COLOR="#FF00FF">Honda</FONT> are set. Pedrosa and Dovi.
Yamaha will be set. Rossi and Lorenzo.
Suzuki pretty much set. Caparossi and Bautista.
Gresini set. Melandri and Simoncheli.
Ducati - Stoner and Kalio if he does a decent job.
:stupid

But I also read that Hector Barbera is after a seat and can bring 1 million in sponsorship.
I'd rather like to see Tony Elias keep a place too.
hoofit
Direct Access

Post by hoofit »

spies will have JT's seat FACT....useless prick!!
Coddy
Chavtastic!

Post by Coddy »

hoofit wrote:spies will have JT's seat FACT....useless prick!!
Quite a statement that.
Met, and spoke to the guy twice, and he seems a top bloke. To be WSB champion - twice, is no mean feat, but i guess you'd take him at the traffic light GP.

Unless you caught him climbing off you mither or something.? :log
Ratz
Anyone for cricket?
Current Ride: Jedi Speeder Bike

Post by Ratz »

toselands always been a weird one.
never really looks that comfy or settled but you know hes got the talent and really should do well
classic contradiction
maybe just cant ride the bike hes on, give him something better and who knows but to get there he has to prove he can so the idea of the top teams is never going to happen
favour him to move on to be honest
rodsquad
Direct Access

Post by rodsquad »

He was interviewed after the Indianapolis gp.

Said he's talking to no other team except Tech3 so if it falls through that's that. But Dorna are pushing Tech3 not to have 2 yanks in their line-up (Edwards and Spies). I'm sure (for marketing purposes) Yamaha will not want an all-american line-up either so Toseland may yet have a lifeline. Would be a shame for Edwards tho as i'm pretty sure it would be him sacrificed for Spies.
Coddy
Chavtastic!

Post by Coddy »

Edwards wont be sacrafiesed for Spies, it will be Toseland. Unless Tech 3 cannot afford his wages.
Edwards is well know for his set up, and bike development skill, which is why Aprilia want him in WSB.
Toseland is out.
Vermullen and De Puniet both want the 2nd seat at Tech 3 also, and both have offered to ride for free.

Toseland to Ten Kate Honda or Yamaha in WSB i reckon.

A lot will now depend on Casey Moaner. Is he coming back to Moto Gp, or going to quit.
If he quits, then Ducati want Pedrosa, but so do Honda.
That may open up a seat at Honda.
Honda riders looking for a seat De Puniet, Elias, De Angeles.

Fak knows, who will end up where, but Stoner is now the key mover.
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

hoofit wrote:useless prick!!

your entitled to your opinion i suppose but i personally think its a way too harsh one considering the guy is a double world champion :eek

in my opinion there is a few guys in MotoGP that are long past there best an should be shipped out to make way for new riders , there is also a few riders who have been on what are regarded as the top bikes an have only managed the odd podium or win , Haydens reaction when Repsol Honda didnt re-new his contract was quality but when you consider 3 race wins in 6 years i think they were right to get rid of him , i dont think he deserves to be in MotoGP , Pedrosa was signed by Repsol Honda to win them the title an he has failed to deliver , as has Vermulan

i think JT is doing pretty good considering his bike aint a works one an the fact he is British should be embraced an his country should get behind him , if he was on equal quality machinery i think he would do alot better :freebird