Great British Prospect

Give us your views on the world of Moto GP
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Great British Prospect

Post by Gazza »

What a fantastic end to the season Scott Redding is having (despite his horrific crash with Tomizawa). He's riding full of enthusiasm and has qualified on the front row in 5 out of the last 6 races.

Today he earned his best podium in 2nd place as the youngest rider in the Moto2 class. Look at some of the guys he's leading in the extremely competitive championship, including Gadea, Pasini, Faubel, De Angelis, Debon, Nieto, West and Pesek, to name but a few.

The future looks bright. :2up
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Re: Great British Prospect

Post by Coddy »

And he has signed i think a 3 year contract to stay with the same Marc VDS team, which seems to be well funded.
Plus he has a very good race engineer in Pete Benson (he was Nicky Haydons engineer when he won the title in 2006).

On a side note - WSB & WSS.
When i was speaking with Simon Crafar at Portimao, he said 2 to watch. Eugene Lafferty on the Yamaha WSB, and Gino Rea in WSS. He spoke very highly of Gino Rea.
Dickie
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: SV650, ER6 and a pikey van

Post by Dickie »

Agree with all that. Laverty was running some excellent times in his first test on the R1. Rea was very impressive in WSS last year, running with the championship contenders towards the end of the season. Redding should be able to make a real challenge for the Moto2 title next season, given his current form.

Hopefully we'll see 'our own' Kev Coghlan in Moto2 next season too - http://www.kevcoghlan.com/ - Bradley Smith too.

Maybe a MacKenzie in GP 125s as well.

Exciting. :2up
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

Yip, Kevin Couglan.

Need a jock in there to stir it up.
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Coddy wrote:On a side note - WSB & WSS.
When i was speaking with Simon Crafar at Portimao, he said 2 to watch. Eugene Lafferty on the Yamaha WSB, and Gino Rea in WSS. He spoke very highly of Gino Rea.
Remind me not to take Simon's advice when picking a fantasy team. ;)

Gino 11th and 69 points for the season.

Laverty did better, but his team mate Melandri scored an extra 92 points for the same price.