Wheres My Engine Power????

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
missile
Candle in the wind.
Current Ride: Virtual rider

Post by missile »

That would be a Triumph T300 then?
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

Missile wrote:That would be a Triumph T300 then?
Technically it's a TTinfinity at the moment! ;)
missile
Candle in the wind.

Post by missile »

I had a T160 once, fastest thing on Kirkcaldy prom.
fido
Direct Access
Current Ride: Tall blond

Post by fido »

Missile wrote:I had a T160 once, fastest thing on Kirkcaldy prom.
I suppose all the other folk were on zimmer frames :I can't believe it's not butter!
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Missile wrote:I had a T160 once, fastest thing on Kirkcaldy prom.
Me too, but I bet mine was faster than yours.......

Had the Norman Hyde 1000 cc conversion ;)
missile
Candle in the wind.

Post by missile »

I bet you told all the girls doon ra chipie
bikerchick
Tube steak
Current Ride: 1962 Triumph Tiger Cub

Re: Wheres My Engine Power????

Post by bikerchick »

gsxr400rider wrote:the battery was fine and wasn't flat it was just not firing then finally it started up couffing and spluttering and if the revs dropped to idle the bike would stall. on the way home i had there was just no power in the bike in the pick of the engine from a standing start and even after the bike was moving there was not much power.
Same as my car......only i've got smoke pouring out the zorst too....nearly choked a cyclist the other day as I pulled away :I can't believe it's not butter!
blagger
Chopper
Current Ride: GSXR 600 SRAD

Re: Wheres My Engine Power????

Post by blagger »

bikerchick wrote:
gsxr400rider wrote:the battery was fine and wasn't flat it was just not firing then finally it started up couffing and spluttering and if the revs dropped to idle the bike would stall. on the way home i had there was just no power in the bike in the pick of the engine from a standing start and even after the bike was moving there was not much power.
Same as my car......only i've got smoke pouring out the zorst too....nearly choked a cyclist the other day as I pulled away :I can't believe it's not butter!

I can't believe it's not butter! i have haven't that much smoke coming out my exhaust just a faint amaount I can't believe it's not butter!
blagger
Chopper

Post by blagger »

I have been reading a site on engine trouble shooting with some of the symtoms i have notice with my engine

I know they talk about a car engine but they all run on the same principles. I can't believe it's not butter! shame about the american wording with gas = fuel
I can't believe it's not butter! silly americans :I can't believe it's not butter!

http://autorepair.about.com/cs/troubles ... bl303a.htm

They seem to all point to the valves and poss water in the fuel

so the next step i will take will be to drian the tank of the fuel from that back street spittle place and get some new fuel flushed through the system then see if that helps.. ;)

:??? :??? :???
dude900
Baw Bag

fuel

Post by dude900 »

gas,petrol,water,gloop, what ever your thing runs on want me to get a bucket full on sat /sun come round we it 4 u ?
blagger
Chopper

Re: fuel

Post by blagger »

dude900 wrote:gas,petrol,water,gloop, what ever your thing runs on want me to get a bucket full on sat /sun come round we it 4 u ?
if its free fuel and u have something to bring it in and something i can drain the old from my tank then yeah I can't believe it's not butter!

Will speak to u 2moz night about it

:2up
dude900
Baw Bag

OK

Post by dude900 »

wait ill go get a break down truck for you
blagger
Chopper

Re: OK

Post by blagger »

dude900 wrote:wait ill go get a break down truck for you
I can't believe it's not butter! nah your ok. no need the bike is outside my door ready 4 me to start work on

:roll
blagger
Chopper

Post by blagger »

UPDATE

Started the bike up2 as dude900 came over to have a see what could be up with my bike and my bike seems to have its power back, but can't say for sure as i am unable to go on it and ride about as i have busted my knee this weekend :???. but with the bike just standing and opening up the throttle it sounds by the engine the power is back and its not coufing n spluttering and choking itself. but there still a tapping sound from the top of the engine so when i get a warmer day n dryer too i will whip the top off and look at the valves and rockers might need adjustsing.

:boing
shortassrider
Chopper
Current Ride: Honda cb650 Custom :-) Yamaha FZR 600 Honda 250 superdream

Post by shortassrider »

gsxr400rider wrote:
jbrebel wrote:
gsxr400rider wrote:Where's my engine power?

I can't believe it's not butter! :I can't believe it's not butter! mmmmm i think later down the line i might upgrade to a 600 or 750
ye rite , you need to ask heather first lmfao.
:I can't believe it's not butter! :I can't believe it's not butter!
just kidding rich :2up
dude900
Baw Bag

told you

Post by dude900 »

beating your engine we a mash hammer works every time (almost),
blagger
Chopper

Re: told you

Post by blagger »

dude900 wrote:beating your engine we a mash hammer works every time (almost),
so that was u outside the other night banging about lo woke me up if your gonna sneek n fx my bike use a rubber hammer its not as loud and wont wake me up.l
Backs 400
Late Braker
Current Ride: Cbr 600 F4

Post by Backs 400 »

I have had similar problems to yourself. Turned out to be water in the fuel. Basically, filled up at a village petrol station and drove home...no probs. Bike sat for a few days..started fine..but about half a mile down the road it started to lose power..even firing on 3 or 2 cylinders. After a while is started to be ok again until I hit traffic..where it would not hold idle and kept dying.

Basically the water sinks to the bottom of the tank when stationary. It gets sucked into the carb when its been sitting or when sat in traffic, otherwise it remains mixed up in the fuel when moving about...bit like salad dressing in a bottle. Shake it and its in suspension ( kind of) let it settle and it seperates out.

After a few days it sorted itself.
blagger
Chopper

Post by blagger »

Thats all the tappets adjusted.. bike sounds better now :P ... but only heard the engine run for a few mins and we noticed oil leaking so all has to come out and will have to buy and put some gasket sealant along the rubber gasket. :x and will be right as rain then...

i will get there in the end and not bad for a first time.. i sorta know what i'm doing now. :boing

Cheers dude900 for the extra pair of hands 2day
:2up :2up
dude900
Baw Bag

Post by dude900 »

no problem my bills in the post or u could just buy me a new exhaust , so i can get going again myself
blagger
Chopper

Post by blagger »

dude900 wrote:no problem my bills in the post or u could just buy me a new exhaust , so i can get going again myself
I can't believe it's not butter! i used to be handy with sum gum gum tape

:roll
blagger
Chopper

blooming weather

Post by blagger »

ok who has been doing the rain dance :eek ....... where has all this rain come from its stopping me from doing my bike. i have all my sealant ready just need a good day now to reseal the cam cover top then that should be my bike back up and running...

:( :(
blagger
Chopper

Post by blagger »

Update

Ok chaps and chapesses this will hopefully be my last update on this post and can then be laid to rest...

that is my bike now back up and running. the valves have all been adjusted and the tapping sound has reduced. the bike from my short test ride is pulling a lot better now in the low end and feels smoother. i'm pleased that i took the job on myself with a hand from dude900 as not only did i save a few quid but we both got sum experience in that area.

while i had all the fairing off, i thought i'd give them a good clean so i washed them in the bath using the shower and used a bit of ciff cleaner and that stuff really got the grud right off. just the wheels to do but they are staying on the bike to get clean lolol.

so only the last thing to get now is a new rear tyre soon b4 i start doing any long runs as getting a little low. so will be saving me pennies for 1 of them. then hopefully catch up with sum of u guys n girls for a run out. enjoyed my last run out to glenshee b4 the work i done on my bike..

Cheers to everyone who gave there support and advice on this post.

:2up :2up

P.S i hope this wind 2night ouside don't blow my bike over
:nono