Rossi lines up Ford Rally drive for 2011??

Give us your views on the world of Moto GP
Zax
Derren Brown

Rossi lines up Ford Rally drive for 2011??

Post by Zax »

Rossi lines up Ford Rally drive for 2011
"When I finish with bikes I have another 10 years with the car" says motorcycle racing superstar

EIGHT TIME motorcycle world champion Valentino Rossi has confirmed he is planning a career on four wheels after his motorcycle racing ambitions are over.
The Fiat Yamaha rider told Reuters news agency he's aiming to drive for Ford in the World Rally Championship when he retires from racing motorcycles.

"I do hope to switch to four wheels. I think it's too late for Formula One, but I hope to have the second part of my career with the car. It's always been my great passion. I grew up beside my father (Graziano), who also drove rally cars so I hope when I finish with bikes I have another 10 years with the car."

Speaking again on the rumours that the flambouyant Italian has an offer from Ferrari to drive in Formula One, Rossi said:

"I had my chance to go into Formula One at the end of 2006," said Rossi. I spoke a lot with Ferrari. I had a serious plan to be the test driver in 2007 and then start to race in 2008. But I decided to stay with bikes -- so it meant me and Formula One were finished.

"I think the World Rally Championship is the main option," said Rossi. "I have a great relationship with Ford so maybe it will be Ford. In the summer of 2010 I will decide."

..................................................................................................................

Can anyone see 2010 being Rossi's last season ???