Anyone for cricket?
Current Ride: Jedi Speeder Bike

125 @ donnington starting on eurosport!

Post by Ratz »

with tim hastings wild carding
IZINBARD
Mr Angry
Current Ride: GSXR 750 K6

Re: 125 @ donnington starting on eurosport!

Post by IZINBARD »

Yes, was up to 25th at one point, started 34th on the grid. On the restart he didn't show, Not sure what happened, might have had an off when the rain started, quite a few did. Martin Gosip (sp) his team mate was in the points though :2up
CazB
Chopper

Post by CazB »

Tim was mentioned on Eurosport and they said he had an off when rain started and bike not fit to restart.
Auld Twister
Tube steak

Post by Auld Twister »

Hi everyone and thanks for the support :2up

I crashed at Redgate, just as the red flags came out.. :angryfire it wasn't much of a crash and it was a pity the bike was too damaged to carry on. But I enjoyed myself and was running in 24th before the red flag. I had ended up all on my own and was concentrating so hard on consistent lap times but with the drizzle for the whole race, the track was so slippy.

Anyhow, at least now I can say I have raced at a GP :biggrin2

Timmy #50

Zax
Derren Brown

Post by Zax »

As I said before Tim I am sure that it will be the first of many GP's :2up

Keep up the hard work :2up
Akrapovic
ZZR1400.....Just like a Golf
Current Ride: ZX10R and MT-10.
Location: Either grafting, down the pub, being a hermit or at a track-day.

Post by Akrapovic »

Tim, I will be honest and tell you that I havnt watched all the MotoGP yet, but my wife CazB Sky+d it and I have only watched the main race so far (tonight) due to work commitments. However, we were at the BSB at knockers a few weeks ago and were cheering you on, and I will be watching you tomorrow night "doing the biz" at the GP, and despide knowing the results, etc, I will still be shouting at the telly watching you perform!! ;)

Well done for stepping up to the mark and competing at the top level of your game!! The pressure must have been intense to even be there, and to be picked as a wildcard is an amazing acheivement in itself, so well done bro!!

Continued support from us throughout the season. :2up

Arron & Caz
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Race report - Donington Park - British 125cc Grand Prix

Tim Hastings would like to start by thanking all those who made his GP weekend possible; everyone at KRP, Hannah Scott & Tony Sladdin, Robert Nielsen, Mick Eagle, Green Machines, Chevin & Gibson's Builders & Joiners. In addition, Shark helmets who provided a new lid as well as the usual top level trackside support, A.M Leathers who helped tremendously by making a new set of leathers especially for the GP at a superb cost - and delivered the suit in person to the track. Thanks too to Dunlop tyres for their trackside support over the course of the weekend. Finally, thanks to everyone who kept in touch over the course of the weekend, offering support and well wishes.
The Moto GP is an awesome paddock to be a part off and Tim really enjoyed the experience. The wet practice session on Friday went well, with Tim getting some good track time on some new wet weather tyres which offered improved levels of grip and great feedback.
Saturday dawned dry and Tim got some valuable dry track time - and TV exposure - both in second practice and qualifying. Tim ended both sessions well inside the 107% cut off time, although he had hoped to qualify better than he did. As it was, he ended qualifying in 34th spot on the grid.
Sunday morning warm up was again wet but with the new wet weather Dunlop tyres again offering fantastic grip, the session was soon over with no setbacks.
Time for the race and Tim got away well, cutting through the row ahead of him as the pack moved off the grid. Having initially moved up several places, he then relinquished them all as they headed into Redgate for the first time and Tim learned just how determined the GP regulars are not to be passed.
From the start of the race, it was drizzling - although only lightly - but it looked worse on Tim’s visor and it was very difficult for him to gauge how hard to push. After a few laps everything settled down and Tim ended up in a very lonely 24th spot before the drizzle got heavier and the track started becoming properly wet. With a “dry” race having been declared at the start, all the riders were on slicks and as the rain began to fall, several riders, including a few of the leaders, slid out of contention. Unfortunately, just as the red flags came out, Tim also crashed at turn one, Redgate corner. Although it wasn't much of a crash - Tim had backed off considerably due to the rain - the damage to the bike was bad enough to prevent Tim from making the re-start and his Grand Prix adventure was over.
It was still a very memorable weekend and to have been holding 24th place in the race, on merit, in very tricky conditions, is an achievement everyone at Team Twister is very proud of.
The team now turns its attention back to the Relentless British 125GP Championship which resumes at the Brands Hatch GP circuit on the weekend of 7th, 8th & 9th August.