Scotland's TT ??

Forum from the scary world or road racing!
Ratz
Anyone for cricket?
Current Ride: Jedi Speeder Bike

Re: Scotland's TT ??

Post by Ratz »

Gazza wrote:
steve wrote:
I like your positive attitude ! I don't see the comparison between a road race and a by-pass , I know holding a road race will cause disruption but I'm sure businesses in the area will benefit from it
The comparison is simple. Just a few people not wanting it is enough to put the blockers on. Despite your enthusiasm there will be no end of folk who will complain about the noise alone, let alone any disruption to traffic. Like the bypass, they'll not give a shizzle about any benefit to the local community.
think the comparison should be more the race with people wanting to deliver little chocolate eggs to kids and the hoops etc that process has to go through!!!!!

thats where i see more of a comparison, imagine the amount of resources to hold a road race, the public liability etc
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

Gazza wrote:
steve wrote:
I like your positive attitude ! I don't see the comparison between a road race and a by-pass , I know holding a road race will cause disruption but I'm sure businesses in the area will benefit from it
The comparison is simple. Just a few people not wanting it is enough to put the blockers on. Despite your enthusiasm there will be no end of folk who will complain about the noise alone, let alone any disruption to traffic. Like the bypass, they'll not give a shizzle about any benefit to the local community.

I completely agree with you there dude , I would love this event to happen , it's being backed by the worlds top road racers too , I'm keepin my fingers crossed that this idea will become a reality
Sheep24
Chopper
Current Ride: Kawasaki ER6supertwin & super stock 675R

Post by Sheep24 »

This event has been spoken about since 2009. Had a few English guys tell me about when I was Ireland then :(
missile
Candle in the wind.
Current Ride: Virtual rider

Post by missile »

steve wrote:
Gazza wrote:Back on topic, Missile is correct... Not a cats chance. Too many people won't want it. If you can't get the Aberdeen bypass built despite overwhelming support, what chance does a bunch of hairy arsed bikers have?

Good luck finding local businessmen to support your opinion. :log

You may not be aware, established motor racing venues like Croft are under pressure from the NIMBYs.
http://www.morecambecarclub.co.uk/?q=node/584
http://www.crash.net/motorsports/in_dep ... croft.html

FYI: The last road racing in scotland took place in Kirkcaldy, 1944 through 1988, where many of the TT regulars participated. http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/news/beverid ... y-1-148083