Latest from Moto GP.

Give us your views on the world of Moto GP
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Latest from Moto GP.

Post by Coddy »

missile
Candle in the wind.
Current Ride: Virtual rider

Re: Latest from Moto GP.

Post by missile »

Nice one. I thought Marc Marquez did surprisingly well, stepping up from winning Moto2 and he is only 19 :worthy

Looking forward to Qatar on April 07th :hippy
Bubba13t
Direct Access

Post by Bubba13t »

I thought Marquez would of binned it big time before now, his ragged edge riding style was ok on a moto2 but surely not on moto GP, maybe thats why he's sitting around 4th pos in testing (so far)
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Bubba13t wrote:I thought Marquez would of binned it big time before now, his ragged edge riding style was ok on a moto2 but surely not on moto GP, maybe thats why he's sitting around 4th pos in testing (so far)
Serious crash forbidding, he'll be world champion in the not too distant future.
missile
Candle in the wind.

Post by missile »

It is easier for the team manager to encourage a rider to ride a little slower within his limit than coerce him to ride faster beyond his comfort zone. :boohoo
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

Gazza wrote:
Bubba13t wrote:I thought Marquez would of binned it big time before now, his ragged edge riding style was ok on a moto2 but surely not on moto GP, maybe thats why he's sitting around 4th pos in testing (so far)
Serious crash forbidding, he'll be world champion in the not too distant future.

I do recall lots of quotes similar to this about Pedrosa many years ago and it never happened (yet). :eek
Coully
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: 1988 CBR 600FL jellymould Gone
1990 VFR 750FL - Gone
1999 VFR 800Fix -Gone
2006 K1200s

Post by Coully »

Pedrosa.....the eternal bridesmaid!
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

steve wrote:I do recall lots of quotes similar to this about Pedrosa many years ago and it never happened (yet). :eek
Dani almost had it last year. He missed by just 18 points. Had it not been for the screw up with his front tyre warmer he'd have been in with a serious chance. A 1st or 2nd at Phillip Island could have seen him champion.

I expect Marquez will have a few falls trying to tame the beast, but if he avoids serious injury he certainly has the skill.
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

www.motogp.com wrote:Repsol Honda’s Márquez made an instant impact early this month as he narrowly missed out on third spot in Sepang in his first official outing of 2013, with only his teammate Pedrosa, and Yamaha Factory Racing’s Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi ahead of him.

Solomoto dug up the times of the three Spaniards in their first seven outings on their respective MotoGP machines - Pedrosa in late 2005, and Lorenzo in late 2007 - and compared how they fared against their then-fastest counterparts.

Bearing in mind a few outings to adapt, and varying circumstances during their first outings on the machines, taking the data from their respective third tests gives a clear indication. Whilst Márquez and Pedrosa both went to Sepang for their third time, Lorenzo was at Jerez, which is why the comparison was done in percentage difference to the top riders.

And it shows that Márquez has clearly delivered. He was within 99.76% of the quickest, whilst Pedrosa 99.346% and Lorenzo 99.11%, placing Márquez ahead of his rivals this year. Yet with Lorenzo on two premier-class titles and Pedrosa not having won one yet, albeit coming very close at times, many will say this has little significance.

Lorenzo’s magic number in his first year was "3". Three consecutive pole positions from the first race, three podiums from the start, and his first win in the third race. Pedrosa scored a podium on his debut, but it took him until race four to get pole position and win.

And it is these figures that Márquez will care more about, with the youngster known to have an immense ambition to win – despite playing it down for his maiden year. But what the figures will prove - and his rivals will no doubt be aware - is that he could challenge for wins from the word go!
Coddy
Chavtastic!

Post by Coddy »

Never been a fan of Pedrosa, but I think this is his year. If not, it's his last chance as focus will start shifting next season to Marquez.
I would say Marquez will shake up the order and won't give a sh1t about others egos or reputations, bit like when Valentino rocked up all those years back.
1. Pedrosa
2. Lorenzo.
3. Shake up of Vale or Marquez.
missile
Candle in the wind.

Post by missile »

Coddy wrote: 1. Pedrosa
2. Lorenzo.
3. Shake up of Vale or Marquez.
That would be my tip for the top spots, too :2up

I had written off Rossi as past his best. I am pleased to admit I was wrong :worthy .
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

I don't think anyone will want the title more than Vale , he will want to prove he is not past his best
missile
Candle in the wind.

Post by missile »

1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 56.477s
He is the man on a mission
Coddy
Chavtastic!

Post by Coddy »

Despite the photo at the top of this thread, in free practice at least Dovi is only 1/1000" second behind Vale.
See how the times are in qualifying and the race.
missile
Candle in the wind.

Post by missile »

You are correct, times in free practice count for nothing.

It does look like this will be an exciting opening race to a thrilling season. :hippy
Last edited by missile on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yarek
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: Kwak Z1000sx

Post by Yarek »

Not sure if you'll have seen it, but Motorcycle News posted up three videos of an interview with Vale. Quite an interesting watch - seems like a really nice guy tbh.

Here's the links...

Video 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDSYSjpL22E

Video 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu2sF3Lv074

Video 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHqkHwySU5s
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

What blistering first race. It always looked like a good season ahead and now we know what's to come.

Vale has silenced the critics with a fantastic 2nd place. Had he not been so eager early on he'd likely have been challenging Jorge.

Marc has already proved he has what it takes and pre-season favourite Dani must be wondering WTF happened (again).

Great ride by Cal, but he needs a works bike and it will be even harder to get on the podium this year with so many great riders on them.

Bring it on!
Coddy
Chavtastic!

Post by Coddy »

If Crutchlow does as well as its looking for now for the rest of the season he may well get the chance of a Repsol.
He needs to beat both factory Ducatis, Bradle and Bautista, but I can see Marquez blitzing Pedrosa both in the races and mentally being a fellow Spaniard so his bike may be up for grabs.
Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

Post by Zathos »

A great opening race and plenty going on :2up
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

Well there's clearly no doubt abnout his potential now.

Don't say I didn't tell you so.

I hope you all have him in your Fantasy teams. ;)
Gesera
Direct Access
Current Ride: Suzuki 500

Post by Gesera »

Abosolutely amazing races last Sunday! lets not forget Moto2 and Moto3, except for Iwema's fall those two races were very interesting with plenty of fights. I have to say that this new track in USA is going to be very exciting to watch in the future.

Looking forward to Jerez, Markez was great last year on this track...I feel we are looking at the new Rossi! Thank god as I though Lorenzo would't have much competition this year, like in Qatar, True that Pedrosa is there and Rossi will fight but I think Marquez is the real deal, if he keeps his head over his shoulders that is!
bill.m
Tube steak
Current Ride: KTM Duke, Honda VFR800 Vtec, Triumph Sprint STD 1050

Post by bill.m »

So Crutchlow is off to Ducati for two years to ride the big horrible red bike that so far only Stoner has come close to taming. Oh dear Cal what have you done? I can only hope that the Italians are paying you well cos you Isn't going to be winning GP's on that bike! And Tech 3 have given his old bike to Pol Espagaro the very same Pol Espagaro who is currently getting his a**e kicked by Scott Redding in Moto2. Funny old world isn't it? :roll
Yarek
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: Kwak Z1000sx

Post by Yarek »

bill.m wrote:So Crutchlow is off to Ducati for two years to ride the big horrible red bike that so far only Stoner has come close to taming. Oh dear Cal what have you done? I can only hope that the Italians are paying you well cos you Isn't going to be winning GP's on that bike! And Tech 3 have given his old bike to Pol Espagaro the very same Pol Espagaro who is currently getting his a**e kicked by Scott Redding in Moto2. Funny old world isn't it? :roll
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Audi kick the Italians into shape and make the bike rideable - if that happens then Cal will be laughing all the way :) :2up
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

Disgraceful that Scott doesn't get that ride. Money bags Bradley should have been booted out. Cal and Scott would have made a great team.

Unfortunately, unless you're Spanish, Italian or extremely rich you don't get a class ride these days. All about money. :(
Dickie
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: SV650, ER6 and a pikey van

Post by Dickie »

bill.m wrote:So Crutchlow is off to Ducati for two years to ride the big horrible red bike that so far only Stoner has come close to taming. Oh dear Cal what have you done? I can only hope that the Italians are paying you well cos you Isn't going to be winning GP's on that bike! And Tech 3 have given his old bike to Pol Espagaro the very same Pol Espagaro who is currently getting his a**e kicked by Scott Redding in Moto2. Funny old world isn't it? :roll

You should write for MCN, they're pretty clueless too.