LED spotlights

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

LED spotlights

Post by steve »

Hi folks , I'm planning on adding a couple of led mini spotlights to the front of my bike to increase my visibility to cage drivers etc , as bike electrics Isn't my fav thing in the world to deal with I was hoping you kind folks might be able to advise me as to the best way to connect them to the bikes loom , they have 3 wires in them , red black an white ,

Thanks in advance

Steve :2up
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Re: LED spotlights

Post by al »

Hi Steve,

Do you have any details of the spot lights to confirm that the third wire is?

I am guessing that two of the wires will be for ground and +12 volts. The third wire will either be to switch them on and off completely or, as I have on my car, it could be a "sense" wire that is designed to be used on the likes of a car so that when you switch your normal lights on the LED running lights dim so as not to dazzle people during the day.

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
steve
Tank Slapper

Post by steve »

Not much info about the light apart from 12v and 10w , I was hoping to hard wire them into my sidelights or headlights , I'm going to consult the sparky at my work to see what he thinks

Thanks for your help tho :2up
steve
Tank Slapper

Post by steve »

Well after a chat with a sparky at my work I tried touching the wires onto the bikes battery terminals , black and red had the light constantly flashing , black and white made the light flash 3 or 5 times before the light went on an stayed on , not sure if the flashing can be avoided or not